Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sweet potatoes for dinner!

We decided that there is no better way to start off Spring Break than eating some sweet potatoes! I don't know that Reid agreed with us. Here he is after a bowl of cereal! He LOVES to eat cereal. I usually cannot get it in his mouth fast enough. Now that he gets to have the banana cereal I think he is even happier!Then that night I gave him some sweet potatoes. If he could talk I think he would have said, "No thank you Mom!" I have never seen someone be so dramatic when they gag. Poor kid he would gag and then shake. He finally just held his lips together tight and wouldn't take another bite!
I tried again this afternoon for lunch and he did MUCH BETTER! By the time dinner got here I think he even started to like them!... hopefully this food thing will just take some getting used to. We (Grandpa Eddie) might have to slow down on the ice cream and pudding also.

He is asleep in his own room as we speak. This is probably long overdue but who cares! He was doing just fine in our room but I finally decided it would probably be better for him to move to his own room before he turns 18! I have already checked on him about 3 times... had patrick check on him.. AND tested out the monitors (like they stopped working since his nap time or something!) Not sure why this step is so hard on his momma but holy cow! I hope I can sleep tonight! It has just been way to comforting to sit up... check him... sometimes even a little kiss, then back to sleep. I better hurry and go to bed before I decide to move him back in with Mom and Dad! HA!

No comments: